Design is personal. Each client is an inspiration. MUX interior design knits together the multi-dimensional needs of your home, maximizing function and creating comfort with a language of color, shape, texture and light. Ultimately, your home should reflect your best internal self and re-energize your soul. My goal is to create a home for you that does just that.
MUX design takes a consultative approach to interior design to help clients with projects of any size, from selecting a few paint colors to furnishing an entire home. Please contact me to schedule a free, 15-minute phone consultation so I can know how to best serve you.
Here is just a sample of the variety of things I can help you with . . .
• Master planning – Develop a long-term vision and goals for your home.
• Exploring Style – Define a personal style that meets your needs for comfort and function.
• Room Design – Create a design concept and floor plan.
• Custom Color and Finishes – Select and coordinate all paint, wood, metal, stone, tile, textiles, etc. to create a beautiful scene.
• Sourcing – Access design trade resources for high-quality custom furnishings: upholstery, case goods, fabrics, draperies, wall coverings, window coverings, area rugs, lighting, art and accessories. Personalized service for all orders from estimates to white glove delivery and installation.
• Lighting – Illuminate your space with the right levels and sources of light.
• Art and Accessories – Guide selection, framing, display and installation.
• Custom Design – Problem-solving ingenuity and creative solutions. I collaborate with artisans and trades people to manufacture unique products. Custom area rugs are my specialty.
Brita’s passion for art and design is life long. The visual world continues to fascinate, entertain and challenge her in all its dimensions. Brita loves drawing and painting, writing, being outside, listening to live music and traveling the world. The kitchen is one of her all-time favorite studios.
Brita has a BA in art from Gustavus Adolphus College. She studied with the Cleveland Institute of Art in Lacoste, France, and has a diploma of interior design from the Interior Design Institute. She and her husband Doug have launched three fine sons and live in Minneapolis, Minnesota.